Monday, May 22, 2017

The NASCAR All Star Race...

So I've been working in NASCAR as a Fabricator for about 12 years now.  Hard to believe really.  Since Ive been working in the series I have started to travel more and more.  The one thing that has been constant is I have loved to take pictures at the tracks.   I started out using my phone like everyone does but, last year I started taking a camera i had bought a few years ago.  Then I bought a better camera and took it to Phoenix and Homestead Miami.  Thats where the wheels really started to turn. I found that while I was doing my real job I found myself seeing these shots that I wasn't able to take.  It drove me crazy and still does.  But I have started to get more and more open about taking these pictures to the point that where people ask me constantly about the shots I had taken in weeks past.
 
  So here comes the NASCAR All Star race, a race in our backyard really.  About 27 minutes from my house,  so I didn't sign up to work that weekend and planned on going just to take pictures.  Thats exactly what I did and it was awesome.  One thing though, when you work in NASCAR you wear certain clothing that even without showing your pass they know you're there to work and usually leave you alone even if you have a camera in your hand.  So heres me last saturday night, in street clothes, with the same pass that gets me wherever i want usually, well let me tell you it does not work the same without that clothing. I had every security guard kicking me out of areas here there wherever.  I think they even started radioing down to the next guy to keep an eye on me.  I did manage to get to some areas and take some pictures I had hoped to but, it made me think, next time I need to work on getting the right media shirt that they wear.
 
  So thats my next goal is to figure out how to get some credentials here and there.  I want to start submitting some pictures to certain media folks and get them to know my name....


No comments:

Post a Comment